Subject: RE: NetBSD on newer Alpha boxes?
To: None <ajv@greebo.net, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/30/2000 11:32:27
We've been over this many times. I stand by my statement: if linux boots
on it then it *probably* has SRM. Yes, linux can boot on *some* specific
boxes, generally 21064 ones, with Milo instead of SRM. But on many platforms
linux requires SRM just like we do, so it's a good if not perfect indication.

There are fine points: if SRM doesn't support your controller you have to
do a "creative" boot .. every time.

	Ross