Subject: Re: Bug while compiling Kernel (07/Aug/2000)
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/07/2000 23:17:04
Hi!

Why keep this off list?

> > I have a problem compiling the kernel on my AlphaServer 400 4/233.
> > I have downloaded the Kernel snapshot from today (07/Aug/2000), and I
> > always get the following error when I try to config my kernel:
> >
> > bash-2.03# config GENERIC
> > ../../../../conf/files:516: syntax error.
> RTFM: http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/#how_to_build_a_kernel
> Man beachte insbes. 3.!

Yes, that's right.... Sorry. I've really forgotten that. I always only
build new
kernels from the same release. But I knew, that I've forgotten
something...

Thanks a lot!

--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX