Subject: 1.5ALPHA alpha port not handling passwords???
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/07/2000 10:37:46
On a lark, I brought up the 1.5_ALPHA alpha port over the weekend, and
generally it seemed fine, except for one problem.  It would not allow
me to set passwords anywhere.  Something about the database not being
read correctly.  I was using the serial console and the message scrolled
off the right of the screen and I could not capture there rest of it.
It would take root with no password.  I could not vipw and set any
passwords.

Anyone else run into this kind of problem?  Am I doing something wrong
or is it a glitch in the port?  1.4.2 installed fine afterwards, so
I can't attribute it to something I did, directly.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Bob