Subject: Problems getting NetBSD installed on a Jensen
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Cantwell <seamus@insomnia.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/06/2000 19:55:52
All,
	I'm brand new to the list, figured this would be the proper forum
to bring up my issue. I noticed the announcement that NetBSD-Alpha now
supported the Jensen, so I figured it was high time to get Redcrap off of
my alpha and run netbsd! Well, I burned myself a cd from the cdhdtape
image, told my jensen to boot dka400, and much to my dismay, it didn't
work! Here's what happens: (well, more like here are the deviations I
notice during bootup from the screenshot on the netbsd webpage that
documents it working properly)

ahb0 at eisa0 slot 6: Adaptec AHA-1742A SCSI
ahb0: interrupting at eisa IRQ 12
scsibus0 at ahb0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target (the screecap says "not
   configured on the website)
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
probe(ahb0:0:0) timed out
probe(ahb0:0:0) timed out AGAIN

and from here it no longer works. Left it sitting all night once and it
stayed right there.. hints anyone?
thanks,
Pat

--