Subject: Re: ISA NE2000 support in 1.4
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/06/2000 12:28:54
> Is this simply a case of adding the appropriate line to the conf file,
> recompile and away we go?

Hopefully. Others may recall some reason why those were left out.

My experience on arm32 (CATS, strongarm with PCI & ISA slots) is that
some ISA NE2000 cards (D-Link) won't come up properly until after you
have used them from DOS/Windows at least once, or used the diagnostic
on them -- it's not clear.

Basically I unwrapped the card, put it into the CATS, it didn't come up.
Move the card over to the i386 box, booted DOS, ran their diagnostic
floppy -- card was fine. Moved it back to the CATS and it immediately
started working.

Whatever. ISA really does suck.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com