Subject: AlphaStation 250 4/266
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Nino Margetic <nino@well.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/05/2000 17:16:38
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise on the following: I have acquired an
AlphaStation 250 4/266 but I have problems to power it on.

When I connect the keyboard, mouse, net, monitor and mains cables and
press the power switch the system (and the lights) comes up for about 2
seconds and then everything powers off. When I press the power switch
again (to switch the system off), again the lights briefly come up (less
than a second) and then it dies again. I have tried to power it on without
the keyboard and mouse and I get the same behaviour.

Is there anything I can do make this work or should I just take the bits
out and forget about it?

TIA.

--Nino