Subject: No chance of tlp on 1.4.2?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/25/2000 15:56:04
Hmm.  On my AlphaServer 1200, 1.4Y, I have a Lite-On based Netgear up and
running just fine via de*; the kernel allows me the option to use tlp*, but the
driver does not/need not register.

Over here, on this PWS 500a Miata, I've got the very same card, some shiny new
1.4.2 disks (thanks, Roland!), and absolutely no reference to tlp* allowed in
the config files.  The de* driver doesn't see the Netgear in this box.

Was tlp-- and all the devices it supported-- yanked for 1.4.2?  I can find no
reference to this in the archives, just some similarly lost souls over in 386
land.

I know this is fixed in -current, but I'm a lazy bastard, and I like my red
shiny new CDs.

--dhop