Subject: headless multia
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Eric.Melville (Exchange) <Eric.Melville@target.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/17/2000 11:20:56
I'm looking to run this here (post-heat-death) Multia as an NFS server for a
LAN. There is really no reason to have a monitor and/or keyboard attached to
it. Has anyone attempted to run a Multia w/o a keyboard? According to
multiple (linux-related) sources, running w/o a keyboard will blow the
motherboard (!) I see no mention of this in the NetBSD Multia FAQ. I am
guessing that someone was running w/o a keyboard and happened to experiance
heat-death at that time. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?