Subject: Re: pci_display_console.. addendum
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/16/2000 10:05:29
On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 06:50:05PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> <thorpej@zembu.com> (Jason R Thorpe) writes:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 06:57:31PM -0500, Mike Stone wrote:
> >
> >  > by way of adding insult to injury, although i did make it through the boot
> >  > process and into the installation menu, now sysinst can't find the
> >  > drives.   i assume the default installation kernel doesn't do RAID.
> >
> > No, NetBSD does not yet have a driver for the DAC960.  Stay tuned.
>
> I had a look into this issue when I was playing with a AlphaServer
> 2100 (Sable) system at work last year. From the chat I had with the
> folks at Mylex about the hardware, DAC960 units that were shipped in
> AlphaServers had different, custom firmware than "normal" DAC960
> cards, and as such will be somewhat more difficult to support.

Right, DEC had different DAC parts for the AlphaServers. Even worse:
the StorageWorks people had different f/w & parts for the PC world
than the DEC PC division. This caused *hum* interesting discussions
sometimes.

--
Wilko Bulte  	 	http://www.freebsd.org  "Do, or do not. There is no try"
wilko@freebsd.org	http://www.nlfug.nl	Yoda - The Empire Strikes Back