Subject: Re: pci_display_console problem, AlphaServer 1000
To: Mike Stone <bsdusr@www.yawp.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/15/2000 00:48:05
On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 06:41:39PM -0500, Mike Stone wrote:

 > here ya go.. this is just a guess from an uninformed white boy, but there
 > does seem to be a 'vga0' entry down there:

Okay, there is apparently a bug in SRM firmware that your platform
has, and I have a work-around for it.  I have placed an install floppy
set at:

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/jensen-sable-lynx/disk1of2
    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/jensen-sable-lynx/disk2of2

Please switch back to the built-in graphics console and give it a try.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>