Subject: Firmware Update on DecPC AXP 150
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/14/2000 15:51:13
Hi all,

I just got an Alpha AXP 150, with <beep> NT installed on it.
Of course I want to install something normal on it.
As I've seen, that it has a really old firmware, I decided to update it. I
got to the ARC console, and then chose Update Firmware, and inserted the
Compaq Firmware CD 5.5 . Now the firmware is updated, and I have
power-clycled the machine. One BIG Problem, I can't solve:

He sais I have to run the ECU (Eisa Configuration Utility) from Floppy,
but I don't have such a floppy, and I can't find it online on the web,
either!
Can anybody please give me a Image of this Floppy (ECU for AXP150 (aka
Jensen))??
If I switch to SRM and enter b dka400 (CD-ROM) it won't boot from CD
(won't matter if I insert NetBSD, Tru64 or OpenVMS), and just gives 84
FAIL.

If you have such a floppy, can you just type:

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/floppyimg.img

and then send me floppyimg.img or place it on a anon-FTP Server???

Many Many thanks in advance
--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt               Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX