Subject: Re: TC bba audio problem on DEC3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/14/2000 15:52:11
> If ek-d3sys-pm is to be believed (and it's the bible by which I did
> the port to begin with 8-), then, as i mentioned to you earlier:
>
> page 9-13: "The ISDN registers, like the SCC registers, are
> longword-aligned; data is read from and written to byte 1."

There is a hint why some IOASIC devices registers appear on strange
location at "Figure 9 IOCTL Subsystem" on page 7-1.  The document
mentions IOCTL ASIC has 16bit bus.  The figure depicts AM79C30A and
a pair of Z85C30s are wired with "IOBUS,HI" upper half of 16bit bus,
while DS1287A and two of ROMs are wired with "IOBUS,LO" lower half.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology