Subject: Re: bootpd question...
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: T. Martin <catfish@alltel.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/12/2000 23:03:17
Thanks,
There was nothing in the SRM about that but still no good.
>>> boot eza0

<snip>
AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...
AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...

  84 FAIL

contiuned......

>>> boot -file netboot eza0

<snip>

AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...
AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...

  84 FAIL

still continued....

>>> boot -file netboot eza0_bootp

<snip>

AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...
AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...

  84 FAIL

This makes me feel really stupid,

 I got an AXPpci33 233 that has Linux on it, I try to read all the docs
I can find on getting things up before I look for help.
 I've been using Linux since 1.2.13 days.

Thanks again, still hacking.
Terry,
 BTW I just compiled  bootpd[4745]: version 2.4.3
To have the latest version.
Just in case.

catfish: icq #20116127