Subject: Re: *horrible* performance?
To: Jason R Thorpe , Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/06/2000 16:51:01
On Thu 06 Jul 2000 at 16:43:46 +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> For me, it more than doubled my encoding speed...  I didn't use any
> cpu-model-specific compilation options on either libffm or lame(version
> 3.50) , just make install.

For this remark to be useful, I should probably add that I'm talking
about a PWS 433au, and lame 3.50 with libffm gets an encoding speed of
about twice realtime for 160 kbps output (i.e., 1 minute to encode a
2-minute song). IIRC.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder   -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl      -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.