Subject: SuperProbe success (was: alpha pci pio problems)
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/27/2000 16:30:15
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 03:05:05PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
>
>  > Good call!  uvm_fault only used an int for the offset to pass to d_mmap.
>  > With the following, the offsets passed to d_mmap look good and I can
>  > now run a basically unaltered SuperProbe although it tells me it can't
>  > find any PCI cards - although that's better than wedging my machine!
>
> Well, it's a start :-)

Guess who hasn't used SuperProbe before?  There's this funky magic
-no_bios arg, you see...

	alpha:hw/xfree86/SuperProbe 176> priv ./SuperProbe -verbose -no_bios

	SuperProbe Version 2.22 (2000 March 6)

	Assuming an EGA/VGA is present

	Doing Super-VGA Probes...
		Probing WD...
		Probing Video7...
		Probing MX...
		Skipping Genoa (needs BIOS read)...
		Probing UMC...
		Probing Trident...
		Probing SiS...
		Probing Matrox...
		Skipping ATI (needs BIOS read)...
		Probing Ahead...
		Probing NCR...
		Probing S3...

	First video: Super-VGA
		Chipset: S3 Trio64V+ (Port Probed)
		Memory:  2048 Kbytes
		RAMDAC:  Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC
			 (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode))

This is xfree86 4.0.0.

Simon (woohoo!).