Subject: Re: Card recommendations for UP1000 system
To: Robert Stone <robert@nosc.ja.net>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/23/2000 12:48:15
Robert Stone wrote:

>Hi,
>
>	I'm looking at buying a new workstation and was considering the
>UP1000 based systems. However I'm not an expert on Alpha matters (at work
>I use SPARC/Solaris) so I'm looking for some recommendations for:
>
>	. Video cards. (Apart from the DEC ZLXp-E1 TGA card are there any
>	  other TGA or VGA compatible ones that are known to work well in
>	  the UP1000 ? ).

The 8bit TGA2 should work for you, the product name is, IIRC, the
PowerStorm 3D30.  Also, I think that the ZLXp-E2 works in console
mode and X support is under development.  I will provide support
for the 32bit TGA2 cards as soon as I can lay my hands on one
(marketting name (I think): PowerStorm 4D20.)

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==