Subject: Card recommendations for UP1000 system
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Stone <robert@nosc.ja.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/23/2000 19:57:06
Hi,

	I'm looking at buying a new workstation and was considering the
UP1000 based systems. However I'm not an expert on Alpha matters (at work
I use SPARC/Solaris) so I'm looking for some recommendations for:

	. Video cards. (Apart from the DEC ZLXp-E1 TGA card are there any
	  other TGA or VGA compatible ones that are known to work well in
	  the UP1000 ? ).

	. SCSI adaptors. (I've read that the SRM can only boot from just a few
	  adaptors (QLogics and NCR though certain models of NCR have a
	  problem ?)).

	. NICs. (I quite like the Intel PRO 10/100 cards, is anybody using
	  them ? ).

TIA.

Robert