Subject: Re: Fascinating Multia fact.
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/2000 19:30:23
> > I've never seen a Multia with this disease though. Are they all the
> > older VX40 model?

yes. I have a single VX42 which is currently set to run at 166 to generate
less heat; the rest are VX40's.

(All of these machines have had their fan thermistor wire cut to force the
original fan to run at full speed.  This appears to be a workable stopgap
measure, which is good because I won't have time to replace all the fans
before my deployment deadline.)

> I've seen this, but only when you have the screen size strapped wrong on the
> mother board.

hmm! I have indeed changed those settings to get low-end VGA resolution...
Maybe the list of jumper settings is slightly different for various firmware
versions? (ewww...)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com