Subject: Re: ncr53c810 driver
To: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/10/2000 15:49:58
Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com> writes:
> The siop info in my previous message was the top of a dmesg printout
> after going through a halt/reboot cycle.  Where does that info get
> saved?  I assume it's a buffer in memory someplace.  Who owns/allocates
> that buffer?  Can I easily make it bigger?  (so I can get more info
> from the previous attempt)

you can make it bigger, but both the old and new kernels must agree on
its size, so you'll need a new ncr kernel, and an new siop kernel.

you change the size with 'options MSGBUFSIZE="(32 * 1024)" or similar.
MSGBUFSIZE is the size in bytes you'd like the message buffer to be.

I tend to use 256k, myself, but that's often overkill.  8-)

cgd