Subject: Dead alphaPC 164...
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/2000 22:00:20
Off topic...
While we're at it, discussing hardwareproblems. Does anyone have
any idea what chip might be broken? My box gives 6 beeps, which
if i read the manual, means that "Checksum error when reading back
image." I've tried several different simm's, but with the same result.

I might be able to get the motherboard repaired, but i'll have to
know what chip might be broken.

"Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake
 the second time you make it." G. Fowler

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:
* 72216 Vasteras