Subject: Snapshot-20000526: de0 networking issues
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Sven Dietrich <spock@rattler.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/08/2000 11:38:02
Installed 1.4Z (May 27 snapshot) on my XP1000, and I have good
news and bad news. The bad news:

For some esoteric reason the onboard de0 networking no longer
works reliably (that is an understatement). Tried switching to
a PCI DEC card, also 21143 based, de1. No luck. Whenever, de0 or
de1 are up, the other networking drivers (ti0, fpa0) do not
work (e.g. block), or only intermittently (95% packet loss). Running
'ifconfig de{0,1} down' will solve the problem. Unfortunately, those
are my connections to the world.

Has anyone else seen this?

Sven

(The good news: ti0, fpa0, and my SCSI drives now all work with 1.4Z
on this XP1000.)