Subject: Re: snapshot-20000527 kernel boot question
To: mel kravitz <>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/07/2000 08:13:15
mel kravitz wrote
> On boot my 164SX hangs with kernel (GENERIC) failing to mount kernfs on
> /kern ...i can continue boot
> by <ctrl c > on keyboard, after login df indicates only wd0a mounted,
> comments?

AFAIK, the GENERIC kernel doesn't come the KERNFS option enabled.

To enable the KERNFS option, download current system sources from

and configure a custom kernel in /sys/arch/alpha/config.

Hope this helps

cheerio Berndt
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  :             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes
ICQ     : 18196098                     |  VK5ABN, Nairne, South Australia
URL     : | MBOX :
Sysinfo : DEC AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.4.2  | BBS  : vk5abn.#lmr.#sa.aus.oc