Subject: Re: Apache SSL
To: Bryan McWhirt <>
From: Andrew Gillham <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/03/2000 00:43:11
Bryan McWhirt writes:
> Ok, thanks to everyone who helped me get NetBSD up and running and get
> apache and php running.
> Im trying to get SSL working now and I am missing some libs I guess, here
> is what Im getting:
> alphabash-2.03# apachectl startssl
> Syntax error on line 210 of /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load ! into server:Shared object "" not
> found
> /usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started
> alphabash-2.03#

Do 'pkg_info -L rsaref' and check the* files.  I have the
following libraries:

Note that the httpd.conf example is looking for ".so.2" rather than 3.
I changed it to a 3 and then apache core dumped.  Apparently
is built without specifying the -rpath option.  (at least on my i386)
You might want to check the output of: (mine is fixed)
# ldd ldd /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/
         -lssl.1 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -lcrypto.1 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/
         -lrsaref.3 => /usr/pkg/lib/

If you see something like:
         -lssl.1 => not found
         -lcrypto.1 => not found
         -lrsaref.3 => not found

Then you need to edit the Makefile and add '-rpath /usr/pkg/lib' to the
SSL_LDFLAGS line.  Then rebuild and reinstall.  You will probably need to
delete the .install_done file in the ap-ssl/work directory.
The Makefile to edit is in:

If that fixes your problem, you probably should send-pr this so somebody
fixes it.

Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.