Subject: Re: Re(2): Apache+mysql+php
To: Bryan McWhirt <>
From: Andrew Gillham <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/02/2000 16:32:15
Bryan McWhirt writes:
> Ok, if I want Apache to run with php3 as a module with mysql and perl
> support, what order should I make the pkgsrc files in.  Also is there a
> way to get apache to compile chroot /www like I have it in linux?

The ap-php3 package depends on apache, so it will "do the right thing"
if you install it.  Then you can install the php3-mysql package, which
will depend on the mysql-client automatically also.
You might end up installing in this order:

WRT the chroot to /www, I don't have any idea. :(  Are you talking
chroot(2) or just using a different htdocs directory?  If you just
want a different htdocs, you could just change all occurences of
/usr/pkg/share/httpd in /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf to /www.

Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.