Subject: Re: Support for Alpha Processor, Inc. UP1000 systems
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/02/2000 11:57:20
At 01:45 PM 6/1/00 -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>Hi folks...
>
>I have just committed support for the Alpha Processor, Inc. UP1000 systems.
>Info on these systems can be found at:
>
>	http://www.alpha-processor.com/products/up1000-board.shtml
>
>It's basically a PC-like board with whith an EV6 and the AMD 751 core
>logic (same as is used on AMD Athlon systems).  SRM console software
>is available for it.
>
>These make a very economical 21246 system for anyone interested in a
>Fast Alpha.

Just how economical? Who is a good reseller? I looked at a few of the
resellers on the list at alpha-processor.com, and they all seemed to be
integrators and VARs; I'd like to find some place that will just sell me
the motherboard for the lowest price possible, and let me worry about
buying the other components and putting it together.

I've wanted a non-PC box for a long time, and will jump at the chance if
the price is ever right (I'm talking comparable to a similar horsepower x86)...