Subject: RE: Question regarding AXP150
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Hufnagel <PHufnagel@outpost.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/01/2000 14:30:02
I *could* probably set one of them up pretty easily to netboot...
or "dd" an image to a disk.  My 400 4/266 is running 1.3.2 right now,
I couldn't seem to get a 1.4.x version to boot (kept dying when the
kernel started up) off floppy.  I thought it could be the BIOS rev on
the SRM, it *is* several revs behind, but I was hesitant to upgrade
the only working NetBSD Alpha I have to try to upgrade the BIOS.  I
had posted a msg on this a while back, but never got a decent response
as to whether this was a known problem or not.

If I had one (or presumably both if I get one working) of the Jensens
working I'd probably be more willing to play with the 400.

Pete