Subject: Re: 3000/600
To: Bryan McWhirt <iceberg@nxco.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/01/2000 09:33:49
Bryan McWhirt writes:
> OK, after not being able to get this DEC Alpha 3000/600s to net boot I got
> the cdhdtape file and burned it to cd.  I then did a 'boot DAK400 -fi
> "cdhdtape" ' and I still get an error code '84 FAIL'.  Is there anyone
> that can tell me what is going wrong?  Im at a loss here and dont know
> were to go now.

The 'cdhdtape' image is a raw image that should be burned to the CD.
Make sure you didn't try to add it to an ISO9660 filesystem or whatever.
Then 'boot xxx400' should attempt to boot.  The '-file' option isn't
necessary (or correct) for this, AFAIK.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.