Subject: Re: Does the Alteon Gigabit Ethernet driver work in 1.4.2?
To: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/28/2000 15:23:56
On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 11:36:57PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> I recently updated a pair of Miatas to 1.4.2.  I noticed a driver
> for the Alteon/Tigon card/chip.  But I don't see it in any of the
> config files and I didn't see anything in the supported hardware
> page.
>
> Anybody know if it works?  (or is known not to work)

What card is it exactly ? There are 2 Tigon chips: tigon and tigon II.
I have a Tigon II board (the netgear one) and it works fine on my alpha,
but need -current or a post-1.4.2 -release kernel.
Any board with a tigon will not work (the driver uses memory-mapping
features that are not available on alpha).
If you have a tigon (not tigon II), would you test patches for me ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>