Subject: Re: sfb0 on DEC3000
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jim McBoyle <J.F.Mcboyle@bton.ac.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/25/2000 09:30:39
Whilst I was pretending to study, Rik van Mierlo wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2000, Jim McBoyle wrote:
> > Whilst I was pretending to study, Ted Sikora wrote:
> > <snipped>=20
> > > Has anything changed since 1.4.2? Do you think I would fare better if=
> > > did a cvs checkout and make build?=20
> >=20
> > There is a snapshot dated 5th May available from the netbsd ftp site,
> > though I haven't seen anything it on the website, so you could try that
> > first (is 1.4Y IIRC) before going to CVS, though that is probably a goo=
> > idea as well . . . :-)
> >=20
> I wanted to do that as make build didn=B4t work, but where is the snapsho=
t?
> I know it was on the ftp-site because I have the cdhdtape image on CD, bu=
> when I wanted to get the rest of the files, the snapshot was gone!

Ack, it's gone... I installed my 3000/300 using the snapshot, and want to
build a custom kernel so I wandered over and did my usual "OOo, what's
in _this_ (public) directory?" and...=20

Is there a reason the snapshot was pulled? My box has been up for a couple
of weeks since installing the May 5th snapshot without problems, so if
there were issues with the build I would be glad to know :-)

Have Fun,
Jim.