Subject: Re: sfb0 on DEC3000
To: port-alpha@netbsd.org <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/2000 21:16:48
Ted Sikora wrote:

> Toru Nishimura wrote:
> >
> > Ted Sikora wrote:
> >
> > > The sfb0 console works great on my DEC3000 (a bit slow but whos
> > > complaining) I have one problem. The ctrl+alt and F keys do not work. Is
> > > there a way to enable them, is this normal for the console buffer or is
> > > support forthcoming?
> >
> > Could you show us which type of DEC keyboard you use LK201 or LK401,
> > of which-country?
> >
> > DEC3000 needs to have DMA assisted real serial device driver which can
> > cope with wskbd/wsmouse framework.  If you are really interested in
> > digging out Alpha binaries and/or MIPS binaries, I can provide the
> > peak you steps towards in details.
> >
> > Tohru Nishimura
>
> I am using the LK401 kb(English)USA) on wskbd0 on wsdisplay0.

	I enabled the vt220 terminal and there is some F key function. F4 to
F10 do work. It's much better than vt100 and the sun term is all but
unusable. At least it's usable now as a standalone machine rather than
just serial console mode. I would appreciate you pointing me in the
right direction to get full kb functionality with the
sfb/wskbd/wsdisplay. Arrow key funtionality has been lost in apps. It
does work under serial console mode.

Regards,
--
Ted Sikora