Subject: Re: Multia FAQ addition / clarification...
To: None <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/18/2000 09:59:44
[ On Wednesday, May 17, 2000 at 22:20:27 (-0500), Ted Spradley wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Multia FAQ addition / clarification...
> RTFM units(1)
> This kind of problem is easy if you use a computer ;-)
> Unfortunately, units(1) has no support for shillings.

RTFM indeed!  :-)

	It cannot convert Centigrade to Fahrenheit, for example.
(but only because it can't do addition -- only multiplication)

FYI the formula is really simple and easy to remember, as it's just:

	 F = (C * 9/5) + 32

I usually remember it by simply remembering "five ninths" (and then I
usually have to try the one numbers that I know 100% (i.e. 0C == 32F)
before I can figure out whether to add or subtract 32).

Even if you can't remember 5/9 (or 9/5) as the converson factor, it's
almost  (or *2) so for purposes of estimation.....  (not that I really
believe that's accurate enough -- in most human-habitable environments I
can notice a difference of 1F and C is just too coarse a measurement
for me! :-)

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>