Subject: Re: Multia FAQ addition / clarification...
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/16/2000 21:04:34
>>> they run from  -40 deg Celsius to 85 degrees celcius.max.. how hot
>>> is that?
>> Sigh.. when will the rest of the world adopt the metric system.... ;-)
> Some of us _like_ the english units. :-)

First, to answer the question: 85C = 185F.  Below the boiling point
of water, but not by a whole lot; water at 85 can give you a *nasty*
scald burn.

As for liking English units...well, I like them too, in much the same
ways and contexts that I like pre-decimal English currency: it is
interesting lore and lends itself to neat musings, but it's a right
royal pain in the tochis when you want to get from information to
conclusion with as few pitfalls as feasible.

					der Mouse