Subject: Re: Read/write to ICSR via SRM palcode
To: None <axp-list@redhat.com>
From: David Huggins-Daines <dhd@linuxcare.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/05/2000 13:15:18
Andreas Johansson <ajo@wopr.campus.luth.se> writes:

> This works in linux using the milo palcode, I can read and write ICSR
> using the above code in kernel. As far as I know, the MILO palcode derives
> from an old version of the SRM palcode.

Actually, IIRC, it derives from the PALcode that was shipped with the
Evaluation Board SDK.

> The reason I want to access this register is that there is a bug in the
> SRM palcode for the 21164PC that I want to fix. The MVI instruction set
> extention is not enabled, and this is controlled by one of the bits in
> ICSR.

What?!  That is really screwed up.  I'll try to verify this on my SX
at home tomorrow ... no internet connection :(

Which version of SRM are you using?

(suddenly having horrible thoughts of adding to aboot the ability to
swap to arbitrary PALcode images)

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior GNU/Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile