Subject: Re: Read/write to ICSR via SRM palcode
To: None <>
From: David Huggins-Daines <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/05/2000 13:15:18
Andreas Johansson <> writes:

> This works in linux using the milo palcode, I can read and write ICSR
> using the above code in kernel. As far as I know, the MILO palcode derives
> from an old version of the SRM palcode.

Actually, IIRC, it derives from the PALcode that was shipped with the
Evaluation Board SDK.

> The reason I want to access this register is that there is a bug in the
> SRM palcode for the 21164PC that I want to fix. The MVI instruction set
> extention is not enabled, and this is controlled by one of the bits in

What?!  That is really screwed up.  I'll try to verify this on my SX
at home tomorrow ... no internet connection :(

Which version of SRM are you using?

(suddenly having horrible thoughts of adding to aboot the ability to
swap to arbitrary PALcode images)

David Huggins-Daines, Senior GNU/Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile,
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.