Subject: Re: SOFTDEP on *DEC 3000*?
To: None <>
From: Paul Mather <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/01/2000 20:16:20
On 1 May 2000, Matthias Scheler wrote:

=> In article <>,
=> 	Paul Mather <> writes:
=> > So, is there anyone running NetBSD/alpha on DEC 3000/300 hardware that
=> > has soft updates enabled and working on their system?
=> A few minutes ago a DEC 3000/M300LX finished "make build" for me with
=> soft dependences enabled on "/usr" and "/home".

What version of NetBSD are you using??  (And did you really enable soft
dependencies via tunefs??)

I tried again with a fresh SUP of current last night, and I still get
the kernel trap when I enable soft dependencies on /home using "tunefs
-A -n enable /home" and then subsequently do a write + delete on that

I'm building a GENERIC kernel with SOFTDEP enabled, to see if my custom
kernel is causing the problem.

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa