Subject: Re: Is the UP1000 with a 21264 supported under NetBSD/alpha?
To: None <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu, kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/27/2000 09:02:43
> From: "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
>
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 11:25:13AM -0400, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> > Huh? They give you the choice, but you can't choose it? Have you tried
> > updating the AlphaBIOS?
>
> Not all models of Alpha have enough Flash ROM to hold two console
> firmware images. Some do if you have enough chips installed (the
> AlphaStation 200, for example).
>
> That might be the issue, but I'm not really sure (don't have a
> Multia).

DEC guards SRM tightly as a way to reserve for themselves the
sale of platforms for OSF/1^WDigital Unix^W^WTru64.

It is therefore somewhat to be expected that a Samsung board would either
not have SRM or have SRM only as an extra-cost item. I would call Samsung
on the phone at this point, if it were me...

	ross