Subject: Re: 2100A?
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/21/2000 21:42:00
<agrier@poofygoof.com> (Aaron J. Grier) writes:

> http://www.digital.com/info/alphaserver/archive/2100a/alphaserver2100a.html
>
> is this beast supported?

Sadly, no. A 2100a is a Sable [gamma?], which has a truly weird
interprocessor bus and bridge (T2 gate array) from that to the PCI
bus. Jason had a crack at making a Sable (2100) work last winter, and
I tested a bunch of code for him on a machine I had access to, but
there were some weirdnesses about the T2 that we couldn't quite figure
out.

So, if you don't have one, don't pick it up and expect it to work. Of
course, if you'd like to hack at it, the documentation references on
the port-alpha homepage have a pair of documents that describe the
Sable in gory detail, so there is yet hope.

        - Nathan