Subject: Re: XP1000 - NetBSD 1.4.2 - SCSI problems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Sven Dietrich <spock@sled.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/21/2000 12:23:10
> Are you sure you have inclued 'ti' in your kernel config file ?
> It looks like it's not in the alpha GENERIC kernel config file for 1.4.2, you
> have to recompile a new one.

Ugh. I was looking at the wrong config file. I stand corrected.
Recompiling a new one is tricky, considering the SCSI/interrupt
problems I am having with 1.4.2 and no newer snapshot around.

Last snapshot I've seen is 20000226.

> However I don't know if the DEGPA-SA uses a Tigon I or Tigon II chip.
> Tigon I may have problems on the alpha, depending on how the hardware
> manages devices memory space (really this is because the driver doesn't use
> the appropriate bus_space command).
> I fixed the Tigon II case but for the Tigon I it's less straitforward, I didn't
> want to break things without hardware to test.

I'm not sure which Tigon chip it is, but it may very well be Tigon I.

Sven