Subject: Re: rfv: Access to reasonable NetBSD CPU
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/18/2000 14:48:42
	In terms of raw CPU, in the intel world I would expect any PII or
	better would be ideal, though a P166 would probably still be
	useful.

	If someone is trying to compile kernels for a slow machine then
	a P166 with a cross compiler might be a godsend.

	For other ports, whatever is appropriate - in the m68k world
	a 16MB 30Mhz 68040 isprobably quite a reasonable box to expect
	for a service like this.

	Disk space - Some people might require a GB, but I'd expect
	most to be happy in with 10MB upwards.

	I would expect root access to be the exception. If someone
	really wants to work on something that requires root access
	then they would have to convince the machine owner that it
	was an important enough project to deserve root :)

		David/absolute