Subject: Re: NetBSD vs. Red Hat Linux 5.2 vs. WinNT4
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/14/2000 19:01:59
>> The only thing that seems to be missing from NetBSD is PPPOE for DSL
>> usage, but there is this fine lurker who put one together, and [...]

> Got to clarify, I am NOT the lurker I mentioned [above],

I suspect I am.  At least, I fit the description, and AFAIK nobody else
has done PPPoE for NetBSD....

> I just got him to ship me the source so I could play with it....I
> don't deserve any credit for it

I'm not so sure - *someone* got it into pkgsrc, and it sure wasn't me!

If anyone has any questions about it, I'll be happy to do what I can to
answer them.  I may not be able to offer real support (unless you are
prepared to pay me, which of course will get more concentrated
attention :-), but I think I mostly understand the issues, and unless
someone else has quietly created a PPPoE for NetBSD and gotten it into
pkgsrc without my hearing about it, I know the implementation
relatively well.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca