Subject: Re: DPWS500/Pyxis bugs, corrupt memory etc.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/11/2000 22:57:47
Sorry to get back at this so late, but I just  had the courage to re-sup
without trashing my work-in-progress on pkgsrc/cross.

Unfortunately, the problem persists. I got a fatal kernel trap just by
repeating "disklabel -r wd0" a number of times. Some of those times the
data shown was corrupted.

Because there was already a problem *reading* the disk (which I was told
could not even be a problem) I didn't even try mounting anything or even
writing to it.

I thought a core sump would probably not be very useful, nor even a
stack backtrace, due to the nature of the corruption, but the trap
simply was within the disklabel reading code.