Subject: RE: Port benchmarks
To: port-alpha@netbsd.org <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/31/2000 09:37:00
> The '*Local* Communication bandwidths' numbers don't looks
> rigth compared
> to Simon's results for a ds20/OSF1. I can't believe NetBSD is
> that bad :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember someone once posting that
code generated by DECs compiler on OSF/1 better/more efficient that GNUs.
 I remember years ago, DEC talking about the Alpha, and how their
compiler takes advantage of specific Alpha optimizations to help code
execute more efficiently.

There use to be a converted PowerPoint --> HTML presentation on the
website that talked about it, but I can't find it now :-(