Subject: Re: Driving DEC3000/300 serial port > 9600?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/31/2000 15:56:38
On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Tobias Ernst wrote:

=> Actually I have never managed to drive a 3000/300 com port with more
=> than 9600 baud, neither under DEC Unix nor under NetBSD.  I have not
=> tried modems, but serial VT100 hardware which should support 19200 -
=> but it never worked with those 3000/300, only if I reverted to 9600.
=> (The same VT100 works flawlessly with 19200 baud on a PC with FreeBSD).
=> If you say it is not the chipset, maybe it is a problem in SRM or
=> something.

Could the fact that the serial console on the 3000/300 defaults to 9600
make this rate somehow "sacred" to NetBSD?  No matter what I set for the
line speed in kermit, the modem always tells me "9600 BAUD" when I get
it to tell me its current configuration.

Has anyone had any luck at driving the serial port on the 3000/300
faster than 9600???

=> Of course if anybody has a solution, it would be great.

I agree!  It is annoying to be vastly outperformed by the M$-Windoze PC
in the house! ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu