Subject: Thanks everyone
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: HerbalGypsy/justbobthebard <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/27/2000 22:02:47
I have zapped you all a couple of times to help me solve my self induced
problem with my 3k and my multia.
I was trying to recover 1.3.2 or install 1.4.1
I tried to do tar, did not have it on the basic system that I had left.
I tried to ftp, did not have it on the disk, stymied.
I tried netboot. Did not work. torque me off.  mumble grumble.
Could not get multia floppy to boot 1.4.1 installer.
Could not mount the CD.
grumble grumble.
Had another suggestion: reinstall firmware.
Well, enough was enough.  Did it.
Now I have 1.4.1 on the multia, and I am about 40 minutes away from
having it on the 3k, gotta take a beer break!!
Thanks, really, for bearing with me, I like to find ways to work around
impediments. I hate reading the directions.  I am just a guy.
thanks!
bob