Subject: Re: Alphaserver 1000 4/233 and graphic display problems
To: None <mikaeld@online.no>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/25/2000 22:20:44
On Tue 21 Mar 2000 at 11:30:55 +0100, mikaeld@online.no wrote:
> none of the links on the web I have found helps. There is an exe-fil on
> the Compaq-site which is supposed to expand to a sevice manual. But the
> exe-file will not execute, so there...

If it's the same sort of file I downloaded for my PWS, then it's a
(possibly self-extracting) ZIP file. I unzipped it with unzip. That
results in a bunch of html pages, which unfortunately assume a
case-insensitive file system, so you may need to add a few symlinks to
compensate for inconsistent case of file names.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc.     -- If one tells the truth,
\X/ .kun.nl     -- one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out. (Oscar Wilde)