Subject: Re: ti0: can't map memory space
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/16/2000 16:49:43
On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 04:35:58PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> > I sill need to check if the driver itself doesn't require BUS_SPACE_MAP_LINEAR.
>
> Unfortunately, it needs linear access. Descriptors can reside
> in host or adapter memory, depending on the chip version,
> and the access is done by the same code.

Now that I've fixed a small bogon in the tx path the chip seems useable.
I gess these access could be done via bus_space calls, isn't it ?
I'll look at this.

Also I wonder why the alpha refuses BUS_SPACE_MAP_LINEAR when in fact,
the memory seems linearly mapped. Maybe it's just that it isn't guarenteed.

> That shouldn't be hard to change - I don't have the hardware
> at the moment (let alone time).
> (ti_mem() needs to be converted too - strange that it worked
> at all for you, because the firmware is loaded that way.)

Ok, I'll look into this. Thanks for the infos.

     {Net,Free}BSD: 22 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference