Subject: Undefined PLT symbol?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/15/2000 03:26:48
Ever since doing a "make build" of -current on my DEC 3000/300 a couple
of days ago (after also building a new kernel), I've been occasionally
getting "Undefined PLT symbol" errors, mainly from pine.  The program
prints:

main program: Undefined PLT symbol "strtok" (reloc type = 26, symnum = 186)

and then exits.  This happens pretty much randomly, and I can't think
of any specific thing I do to bring it on.

So, what is a "PLT symbol," anyway?

BTW, I rebuilt pine after first getting the error, but the error still
persists.  FWIW, the kernel is circa "NetBSD 1.4U (HAWKWIND) #1: Fri Mar
10 23:37:35 EST 2000."

Any hints on how to get rid of this error?

Cheers,

Paul.