Subject: Re: Digital 2100 Server
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/29/2000 00:22:13
<rickgc@calweb.com> (Rick Copeland) writes:

> Is the Digital 2100 Server an Alpha type?  If so will it run NetBSD?

There is an AlphaServer 2100; "Digital 2100 Server" sounds like a
plausable marketing name. "Sable" is the internal name that system had
and I think is what appeared in the subject lines of the messages
discussing it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite run NetBSD. Jason Thorpe wrote a lot
of the support code last December, and we tried to get it running on
the 2100 I had at work, but we were unable to make it function
properly. Something obscure about the CBUS/PCI ASIC generating machine
checks, as I recall.

        - Nathan