Subject: JDK under COMPAT_OSF?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/28/2000 11:22:56
Alas, I need to do some Java programming, but I notice that whilst
guavac is apparently okay under NetBSD/alpha, kaffe is flagged as not
working for NetBSD/alpha in the ports collection.  So, I'm guessing that
I'd need to use Digital/Compaq's JDK port, running under COMPAT_OSF on
my 3000/300 to get anywhere with Java on that machine.  (I use their JDK
1.1.8 under Digital Unix 4.0D.)

Has anyone tried this?  Also, can someone point me to some info on how
to set up OSF compatibility under NetBSD/alpha?  What files do I
need?  I have access to Digital Unix 4.0D.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa