Subject: FW: LX164 gets machine check
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Dee Turner <dee294ever@earthlink.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/22/2000 22:13:58
Hi All,

I received new memory from Microway today, installed it and booted NetBSD.
Everything appeared normal until I executed a Ctrl-F in vi (while editing
/etc/rc.conf...). At this point I started seeing corruption of the image on
the monitor, failure to respond to the keyboard and partly obscured messages
saying something about "...machine check." After the eventual crash back to
the SRM console, the following information was displayed:

halt code = 2
kernel stack not valid halt
PC=fffffc000048b8cc

Am I still suffering from a hardware problem? Any help would be much
appreciated!

Ron Turner