Subject: Re: Alpha assembly question...
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/16/2000 21:38:18
> Anyway, I made it this far in getting Postgres to run:
> [...]
> FATAL: s_lock(20318030) at spin.c:114, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

That's as far as I got, too.  I haven't gotten back to it.  I
was suspecting LP64 bugs when I last looked at it.  Does anyone
know if it really runs on Tru64/OSF or Linux/alpha?  On my 3000/400,
there didn't appear to be any reason for a stuck spinlock, but it
was there.  I double-checked and triple-checked the asm code for the
lock, and it looked awfully correct.  See my message(s) in the archive
from a couple months back with the subject "Some assembly required" or
some such.

-allen